Welding Teacher Resources
Find Welding educational lesson plans and worksheets
Showing 1 - 24 of 184 resources
Manufacturing: Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) Shielding Gas Mix
Middle schoolers apply math to the real-world skill of choosing the correct shielding gas mixture for welding. Even if you do not have shielding gas cylinders on hand for demonstrating, the concepts of converting percentages into...
6th - 12th Math CCSS: Designed
Benefits of Learning Oxy-Acetylene Welding and Cutting
Before you can weld or cut metal, you need to know the basics. Provided are a list of welding terms, the tools needed, safety precautions, and the benefits of oxy-acetylene welding. Future metal workers will learn about types of flames,...
11th - Higher Ed 21st Century Skills
Lesson: Expressing the Inner Life of Things
Found metal objects were welded together to create an inspiring African sculpture. Learners consider the use of objects and the inspiration of African art seen in Picasso's work. They then find and create a scrap art sculpture, as well...
7th - 12th Visual & Performing Arts
Grades 9-10 Writing Module, Unit 3: Narrative Writing
On July 20, 1969 humans landed on the moon for the first time. As the culminating assignment in a 19-lesson unit on narrative writing, class members imagine what that experience was like and craft a narrative in the voice of Neil...
9th - 10th English Language Arts CCSS: Designed
End-of-Year Practice Test (Grade 9 ELA/Literacy)
What better way to prepare your class for Common Core testing than with a practice test? The practice test includes several reading passages, both literary and informational, and learners respond to multiple choice questions about these...
9th English Language Arts CCSS: Designed
Above-Ground Storage Tank Design Project
New ReviewThe challenge: determine whether a tank will float. A design activity has groups work as engineering teams in order to determine the stability of given tanks and liquid contents. The teams need to determine the equations to calculate the...
9th - 12th Science CCSS: Designed
The Crusades: Voices and Perspectives
Invite your young historians to discover the distinct perspectives of Muslim, European, Jewish, and Byzantine groups during the Crusades. Class members are divided into groups and are given a packet of handouts, including background...
10th - 12th Social Studies & History CCSS: Adaptable
New ReviewOnly 10 percent of an incandescent bulb's energy is used to create light; the remaining 90 percent is heat. In the unit of activities, young chemists examine energy through hands-on activities, videos, discussions, and readings. Scholars...
10th - 12th Science CCSS: Adaptable