Blast-off in the math practice space ship where central command contains a large selection of fourth grade problems. This app provides a wide variety of problems to keep any fourth grader occupied for a long while.
Even though Splash Math 4th Grade is the next in the Series of Splash Math apps, it has quite a different look and feel than in the earlier grades. It is comprised of 2 sections:
- Math Practice: Numerous math practice worksheets in a wide-range of topics
- Games: Six different games that can be played/unlocked after a certain amount of practice is completed
A user can either process through the different practice areas based on his own choosing, or go through the homework monitoring program. Topics are organized into different practice worksheets, which you can assign a homework, if you choose.
- Two or three levels (basic, medium, or hard)
- Scratch pad available to write out work
- When an incorrect answer is given, the correct answers is shown with an explanation
- When pupils complete a level, he collects a UFO, after a certain number have been accumulated, he can unlock a game
- Place value: number up to a million
- Number sense: order, rounding and comparing positive whole numbers
- Algebra: factors, prime and composite, multiples, number patterns, number expressions, algebraic expressions, mixed expressions
- Addition: up to 1,000,000
- Subtraction : up to 1,000,000
- Multiplication: commutative, associative, distributive, zero and identity properties, multiply by, 11, 12, multiples of 10, 2 digit x 1 digit, 3 digit x 1 digit, 4 digit x 1 digit, 2 digit x 2 digit
- Division: 2 digit x 1 digit, 3 digit x 1 digit, 4 digit x 1 digit (with and without remainders),divide multiples of 10 and 100
- Fraction: equivalent fractions, mixed numbers, compare fractions (with and without common denominators), add or subtract fractions & mixed numbers with common denominators & models, multiply fraction by a whole number
- Decimals: place value, decimals and fractions. Compare & order decimals
- Measurement: metric and customary units: abbreviations, unit comparisons, units of length, weight, & capacity
- Measurement of area, perimeter, angles
- Geometry: basic two dimensional shapes, angles, lines, parallel lines, types of triangles & quadrilaterals, lines of symmetry
Summary of Performance:
- Number worksheets completed, questions answered (correct/total)
- Recommend areas that need attention
- Chapters coverage
- Grade level achieved
This performance information is also available in a detailed weekly report with e-mail. A maximum of six unique player names can be created.
Set up your classroom in stations with different activities at each. Assign the different worksheets as review or extra practice. If students finish early, they can unlock one of the games.
The app sends periodic notifications, which you may want to turn off in the device's global settings.