September 11, 2001 was a horrific day in American history, as well as around the globe. Study the ways that other countries honor the victims from the act of terrorism with a social studies lesson that prompts discussion, research, and presentations about 9/11 memorials.
- Use the extension activities to form a connection to a world geography class or unit
- Address symbolism in language arts during the lesson
- Explore the publisher's website for more materials and information
- Lesson addresses the history and context of 9/11 only briefly; consider building more background information into the lesson for learners who do not know much about the events and consequences of the attacks
- Asks a question that has a complex answer
- Provides the necessary note-taking worksheet
- Does not include a rubric for assessment