This A Crooked Election worksheet also includes:
Some people want to win by any means necessary. Seventh graders explore the ways politics can take a corrupt turn with a short story about a school election. As they decipher the candidates' motivations and promises, individuals answer 10 comprehension questions to demonstrate their understanding.
- Use during a focus on the electoral system, or with an upcoming election
- Have your class research past elections and compare any allegations of wrongdoing to the story
- English learners and struggling readers might need some assistance with the reading, particularly with the idiomatic phrases and expressions (e.g. lipstick on a pig, crooked election)
- The passage works as an analogy to modern-day politics; explain how each detail connects to the electoral system
- Comes with both multiple-choice questions and short-answer responses
- Provides an answer key