It was a dark and awesome night? A dark and smelly night? Let elementary grammarians test out their parts of speech with an entertaining fill-in-the-black reading activity. Using context clues and grammar prompts, they add words to a story before reading it through.
- Have class members come up with their own similiar activities, using the resource as a model
- Project the list of parts of speech on the board and have learners jot down their words; share the story as a whole class and decide whose is the funniest
- Helpful if learners are familiar with the Mad Libs® format
- Fun for advanced and struggling readers alike
- Comes with a guide for both teachers and students