What's the problem with being born on February 29th? You would only have a birthday every four years! Fifth graders read a story about a young girl who had her first birthday four years after she was born. Then they answer five questions based on what they read about the leap year.
- Conduct research on why leap years occur in order to make the passage relevant to readers
- Use the reading passage during a leap year lesson or activity
- Assumes learners are familiar with the elements of plot
- Passage is Lexile® 730L reading level
- Comes with an answer key
- Creates a problem/solution scenario from a leap year birthday