Time capsules are fun for any age, but a capsule for the new year is perfect for very young kids. With some help from a parent, they fill out their name and the date along with all their favorites. Learners also complete information like what they want to be when they grow up and their goals for the new year.
- Send the activity home with kids at the start of a new year, asking families to help them fill it out; mail it back to them at the start of the next year
- If your class is ready, combine with a unit on measurement so they are prepared to fill in their height
- Be aware of how volatile your class is when it comes to naming favorite friends—this field might have be deleted for some groups
- There is a place to fill in weight and height, which many young learners won't yet understand
- Great for young writers to practice with familiar words