After an examination of primary source materials, individuals write an argumentative essay in which they craft and support a claim about how pivotal the murder of Emmett Till was to the civil rights movement.
1 Collection 94 Views 78 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Combine the unit with a reading of Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
- The images and the concepts are disturbing and require a safe classroom environment for discussion
- The performance task is part of a unit study of the civil rights movement
- Links are provided to a multitude of primary source materials
- The performance task does not include a detailed lesson plan
- Links to the entire unit are not included