Explore William Blake's poem "A Poison Tree." Learners read the poem and then respond to four text-based questions and four higher-level discussion questions.
54 Views 41 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- While called discussion questions, the questions on the final page could also be used as or to inspire essay prompts
- Scaffolding the reading process more fully by walking through the poem together and discussing it in depth before moving on to the question portion of the resource
- Learners will need to be familiar with common poetic terms; some words from the poem are defined on the page
- The questions require textual evidence and higher-level thinking
- A copy of the poem is provided on the first page of the resource