This A Wizard of Earthsea: The Plot Unfolds lesson plan also includes:
The novel A Wizard of Earthsea follows Ged as he visits many places in the archipelago where the story is set. Examine the lessons he learns through his travels by compiling and discussing a list of lessons learned. Relate this discussion to the plot and then examine plot through another lens: the role of women. Class members construct a response to the provided prompt about how women contribute to the plot.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- See the materials for included handouts necessary for the homework assignment
- Questions and prompts will compel students to think deeply about the relationship between characters and plot
- Note that this particular lesson includes more homework than the previous lessons in the series
- Some individuals will need additional scaffolding for the writing task