This About Our Class lesson plan also includes:
Get to know your classes and teach a little math at the same time! A data collection activity asks scholars to answer a set of questions. The task is to analyze the class data by calculating means and ranges for each data set. Learners use the analysis to write a conclusion about the class.
- Create a Google doc to collect and store data from pupils
- Use as an icebreaker activity at the beginning of the year
- Expects proficiency with calculating mean and range
- Includes ideas for extension
- Adaptable to different grade levels