Learners often know that a noun is a person, place, or thing, but have trouble identifying nouns that represent ideas or other abstract concepts. Help your pupils master these abstract nouns with a worksheet that provides several different exercises for identifying and practicing with these words.
- Use this as a homework assignment
- Try out one exercise a day to use this page as daily starters for a week or so
- The spaces provided for the fill-in-the-blank sentences are all the same size and may be too small for some words; for example, pain will fit but disappointment will not
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- A second, similar worksheet is included in the materials
- Includes several different types of exercises to help learners practice these words in different ways