This Acid Rain Ruin lesson plan also includes:
Acid rain does not hurt your skin; it doesn't taste or smell any different than normal rain. In the activity, scholars use a K-W-L chart regarding acid rain and gather information to answer all questions in the W portion. Participants then determine how different pH solutions affect the growth of seeds over a two-week period. Activity five in a series of 10.
- Activity could fit in a unit studying human impacts on the environment or one on chemistry teaching pH/acids/bases
- Lab takes a day to set up and then only requires a few minutes for learners to collect data over a two-week period
- It is the fifth lesson in a series of 10
- Includes KWL chart and all handouts and articles
- The extension activity offers an opportunity for students to apply the concepts in the real world