After reading the story, Pancakes, Pancakes by Eric Carle, young scholars work together to make pancakes and reflect on the day's activities through a grand conversation.
73 Views 32 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Send the pancake recipe home to encourage families to cook and eat together
- If cooking in your classroom is not an option, mix ingredients and have premade pancakes ready for tasting, or coordinate time in the school cafeteria either to watch the process or be part of it
- Keep classroom allergies in mind prior to making pancakes
- Requires cooking materials and ingredients
- The lesson is well organized and the plan easy to follow
- Without the main activity—making panckes—the educational content is thin