This Add Details about Characters in Narrative Writing video also includes:
Stories are much more interesting to read when they involve realistic characters. The sixth lesson of this writing series helps learners add details to enhance the characters in their personal narratives. This revision process involves identifying the main characters, brainstorming adjectives describing each character, and finally adding these new details to the story. When revising their own writing, consider allowing students to work in pairs, providing each other feedback for improving their drafts.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Models how to add details that make a story more interesting and realistic
- Provides a review of the steps in the writing process
- Adaptable to Common Core writing standards across the upper-elementary grade levels
- Requires a list of character traits to support young writers with adding details to their narratives