This Advanced HighPower Paper Rockets lesson plan also includes:
Teams construct rockets to carry out predetermined missions using different rocket-building techniques. Groups develop the mission specifications and rocket design plans for approval prior to construction. Teams launch similar missions consecutively while helping other classmates with any necessary measurements. They then wrap up the flights with a post-flight report.
- Brainstorm mission ideas with the class and then assign teams to build a rocket that would accomplish their assigned mission
- Have larger teams select members to compete in each of the missions
- Class management is imperative as multiple groups are working toward different goals
- The activities described allow teams to show off what they have learned about rocket design
- Diagrams provide a reference for pupils to access while making the different rocket types