Combine grammar and poetry with a creative lesson about adverbs. Learners study a list of adverbs and figure out how to turn them into adjectives. Next, they choose ten adverbs from the list and write original poems based on a given format and brainstorm web.
- Have kids work in partners or groups for the first part of the lesson, and let them write individual poems at the end
- Host a poetry slam for writers to share their poems
- A great addition to your unit on parts of speech
- List of adverbs is unwieldy and hard to read; consider rewriting it into columns
- A fun way to review grammar
- Provides a brainstorm web and instructions for writing the poem