This Airplanes and Airstrips Part 1 lesson plan also includes:
Line up to the airstrip. Using interactive graphing software, pupils determine the line that will allow a plane to safely land on a runway. Class members create their own landing strips and share with classmates to find the equation of the landing path.
- Challenge learners to develop an equation in a different form that will safely land the plane
- Requires access to Desmos
- Assumes the class can identify slope and intercept from graphs
- Includes links to explanations of different instructional strategies
- Contains a graphic organizer for pupils to keep track of their work
- Provides notes to teachers on "watch-fors" during the lesson