This Amaaazing Amusement Park activity & project also includes:
Take your classes for a ride! Using a map of an amusement park, learners create a sequence of stops. Their goal? To walk the least amount of yards. They use a map on a coordinate plane and implement the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate distances.
- Create collaborative groups to encourage communication
- Review the Pythagorean Theorem on a coordinate plane prior to the activity
- Requires previous experience with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Offers different scenarios as possible solutions
- Includes a detailed teaching guide to help plan for the lesson