This Amazing Profit lesson plan also includes:
When items are difficult to find in stores, they are often found selling on auction sites for a higher cost. Scholars analyze the closing bid price as it relates to the number of days after the release of a popular gaming system. They practice writing equations from a graph, interpreting linear relationships, and making predictions based on the given information.
- Discuss the profit margin stores set on game sets such as the one discussed in the lesson
- Introduce the concept of a loss leader and other sales techniques
- Relies on prior knowledge of determining linear equations from a graph
- Designed for Common Core and NCTM standards
- Offers questions for teacher reflection