Introduce your young historians to Amelia Earhart with a short and engaging video, which depicts the first female aviator's solo flight across the Atlantic, as well as her tragic disappearance during an attempt to circumnavigate the globe in 1937.
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- It would be helpful for learners to begin the video with an understanding of conventional female roles in American society in the early twentieth century
- Include primary source images from the historical period
- Nice, brief overview of Earhart's career as an aviator
- Video does not include any information regarding Earhart's support for women's rights as part of the National Woman's Party or advocacy for the ERA