This Analyze How a Poet's Word Choices Contribute to the Poem's Overall Meaning video also includes:
Words carry baggage (denotation and connotation) that influence a reader's perception and response to a text. Analyzing how a poet's diction and syntax contribute to the meaning of a poem is the focus of a short video that examines Edna St. Vincent Millay's word choice in her poem "Sonnet VII." The video is part of a six-part series that uses Millay's sonnet as an anchor text. A great way to introduce close reading strategies.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Begins with a review of previous videos
- Process divided into easily manageable steps
- Narrator models the process with highlighted text
- Would work best if shown in sequence