This Analyze the Data—Whelk-Come to Mathematics lesson plan also includes:
If the function fits, use it. Using their collected data on peanut drops, pupils analyze the graph to determine a good model for the relationship between the number of drops and the height. Learners use their understanding of rational functions to determine the parameters that make the model fit their data to finish the third of four lessons.
- Use a graphing calculator to graph the data and find a function that fits
- The class should be familiar with rational functions
- Class members should have already completed the second lesson in the series
- Includes sample data for either peanut drops or actual mollusk drops
- Contains an extension exercise
- The Java applet does not work