This Animal Classification activity & project also includes:
Aristotle is regarded by many as the most intelligent man ever. In the 12th part of a series of 20, scholars see how Aristotle used a biological key for classification and how his ideas continue today.The activity introduces pupils to the historical way animals were classified.
- Have pairs expand Aristotle's key by adding more branches and more descriptions; share with the class
- Instruct class members to create their own biological keys and share with the class
- Show the class images of animals and have them use Aristotle's biological key to classify them
- Could be used at the upper elementary level as well
- Includes answer key
- Short, simple activity is a great and informative exercise