This Animal Habitats: Challenge Activities (Theme 4) unit also includes:
Keep class members who have already mastered the concepts in the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt thematic units on animal habitats engaged with this packet of enrichment activities designed to accompany the unit. Kids may create a habitat mural, research a wild animal of interest to them, research animal rescue groups, or craft a story about an animal.
- Have groups and/or individuals design a habitat for a classroom pets or an animal they research
- Although designed as challenge activities, the exercises would appeal to all class members
- This packet, the first in the series of support materials for the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt thematic units on animal habitats, contains enrichment activities for learners who have mastered the basic concepts of the lessons
- Most of the activities in the packet require access to the textbook and the accompanying stories
- The six-page packet includes suggested activities, assignment sheets, and writing prompts