Why Lesson Planet?
Explore the animal kingdom from the safety your classroom. Intended to build on previous learning about ecosystems, this lesson involves learners working in pairs to research their favorite animal and present their findings to the class. Though this resource includes only a very general procedural outline, it does provide key steps and considerations needed to support learners' success. This project is very reliant on technology, so be sure you have access to computers, Internet, word processing and presentation software, and a projector. If unfamiliar with any of this technology, be sure to provide your class with the necessary supplemental lessons. A great idea for a collaborative project that can be applied to a variety of different subjects.
- Addresses Common Core State Standards for writing and speaking
- Engages students in project-based learning
- Allows for collaboration and creativity
- Exposes learners to a variety of technology-based resources
- Procedures are not very detailed
- Dependent on computer and Internet access
- Included rubric is vague and undefined