This Anit-Social Networks? We’re Just as Cliquey Online worksheet also includes:
Do social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter reinforce our existing biases and cliques? Youngsters read and evaluate an article written by NPR in 2011 on the then-emerging world of social media, and respond to several text-based and discussion questions on how these sites influence our interactions.
- Consider a thematic unit on social media or the costs and benefits of technology, in which class members investigate social media influences, screen-time versus physical activity levels in young adults, online bullying, etc.
- The publisher has several other worksheets with different primary/secondary source texts that also consider the costs and benefits of technology (see additional materials for link)
- Engaging, relevant topic for young adults
- Full article text included
- Follow-up text-based and discussion questions provided on separate worksheet page