This Anne Frank Introductory Lesson interactive also includes:
Prepare class members for a study of World War II, the Holocaust, and a reading of The Diary of A Young Girl with an interactive lesson that provides learners with background information. Class members complete mind maps that demonstrate what they already know about the period and about Anne Frank, watch a film clip about the Franks, and create a time line of key events.
- Coordinate lesson with a reading of The Diary of Anne Frank
- Flip the lesson and have individuals complete the activities out of class before returning for a full class discussion
- Instructors should go through the lesson themselves before using it with their classes to determine which sections to omit, repeat, or augment with additional information
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Learners can click the images for the timeline activity to discover the date of the events pictured