This Arc Lengths and Sector Areas lesson plan also includes:
Sometimes the whole circle isn't necessary for our purposes. Learners identify ways to determine the arc length and sector areas of circles. An activity that requires measuring cans helps review the concepts of circumference and area.
15 Views 33 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have scholars brainstorm situations where arc length and sector areas would be useful in a journal entry
- Needed materials for the lesson include cans of various sizes
- Pupils should have prior experience calculating the area and circumference of circles
- Includes very detailed, step-by-step directions for conducting the lesson
- Lists links to some outside resources for further information