This Archimedes' Roost: Math Exploratorium for Kindergarten app also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Climb into Archimedes' treehouse and explore a variety of manipulative-based math activities. A great resource for developing fundamental number sense and basic math skills in young learners.
Five topics are available to choose from, each providing multiple activities for developing math fluency. Up to five stars can be earned for each activity, providing a way to monitor proficiency. Coins are collected for answering questions correctly, which can be used to purchase fun rewards. If a user forgets the directions or can't find an answer, a Help button is available, it provides both verbal and visual support for completing the task.
Parts and Wholes:
- Build towers with colored blocks to show how numbers less than or equal to ten are made up of smaller numbers
- Group and color objects to show the relationship between parts and wholes for numbers less than or equal to ten
- Practice making, counting, and writing numbers between ten and twenty with strings of beads
Introduction to Addition:
- Use colored rods and bead strings to model addition problems
- Create number sentences for sums less than or equal to ten
Introduction to Subtraction:
- Use colored rods and bead strings to model subtraction problems
- Create number sentences for differences less than ten
Addition Practice and Strategies:
- Find sums less than or equal to 18 using colored number strips and to complete related number sentences
- Use colored beads strings to make groups of ten when counting and writing two-digit numbers
- Play a board game involving addition questions with sums less than or equal 18
Subtraction Practice and Strategies:
- Find differences less than 18 using colored number strips and complete related number sentences
- Play a board game involving subtraction questions with differences less than or equal to 18
- Include this application as part of math rotations in primary grade classrooms.
- Provide this resource to young learners needing extra support developing number sense and fluency with addition and subtraction.
- If projection technology is available, use this app for whole class instruction, calling up students one at a time to complete different tasks.
This application does not include third-party advertisements or access to any social media outlets, making it extremely safe for classroom use.
- Engages students with a background story and unique 3-D environment
- Allows the teacher to create accounts for each student in the class
- Each activity is modeled for the user and includes verbal instructions