This Area and Circumference 1 assessment also includes:
Have the class describe the relationship of the area and perimeter of inscribed polygons and the area and circumference of the circle. Pupils investigate the relationships of areas and perimeters of inscribed regular polygons and circles as the number of sides increase. The scholars use the area formula for regular polygons to derive a form of the area formula for a circle.
- Have individuals that are struggling with the relationships measure the perimeters and the circumferences
- Class members should be familiar with finding the area of a regular polygon
- The resource is the first of three that develop the argument for the formulas of circumference and area of a circle
- Includes samples of individual work
- Provides a description of what to expect at different levels of understanding