This Area of a Sector activity & project also includes:
Young geometers derive the formula for the area of a sector of a circle. As they work through a series of problems, they find the area of one piece of a pizza if it is divided into eight equal pieces. Learners then investigate how changing the central angle of a piece of pizza affects the area of the piece, then generalize their results to find the area of a sector of any given central angle measure.
- Exploration is presented on an easy-to-use worksheet
- Includes a good review of vocabulary and formula for area of a circle
- Contains good discussion questions to facilitate exploration
- Links to UDL checklist for teacher reference
- Does not provide practice problems to reinforce concept, teacher must provide them
- Some math symbols in formulas may not display on document in some browsers, but can easily be penciled in