This Armstrong Numbers lesson plan also includes:
Stretch your scholars' investigation of number patterns. Groups explore the idea of Armstrong numbers and determine a method to find them. Using spreadsheets or a calculator, teams find the Armstrong numbers less than 1,000. They continue to investigate other patterns occurring when summing the powers of the digits of a number.
- Research Armstrong numbers to find more information
- Challenge learners to develop a computer program that will find Armstrong numbers
- The class should be comfortable working with formulas in spreadsheets
- Provides an Excel template to help individuals get started
- Includes reflection questions for both the class and the teacher