Arthropods walk with jointed legs and a tripod balance and stay low to the ground. Professor Robert Full spends his career researching arthropod locomotion and movement and shares his discoveries with viewers in a science video. Scholars view arthropod treadmills and obstacle courses before discovering how to apply the research to robotics.
- Observe arthropods walking with tripod stability
- Invite a robotics expert to discuss locomotion options and their benefits and detriments
- Relies on prior knowledge of joints, legs, locomotion, and arthropods
- Connects multiple branches of science
- Smoothly integrates with Google Classroom