This At the Baseball Shop activity & project also includes:
Solving a system with two unknowns is one thing, but it's time to up the difficulty! An open-ended activity provides scholars with the cost of buying groups of three different types of items. Using their stellar solving skills, they devise a method for finding the cost of the individual items.
- Have groups create a poster with their solution methods to incorporate into a gallery walk
- Scaffold the task for struggling learners by having individuals focus on the first two scenarios at the start of the activity
- Requires proficiency in solving two-variable linear systems
- Provides a detailed teaching guide to assist in planning the lesson
- Includes a worked-out solution guide