This At the Circus lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Teach children that going to the circus isn't all about clowning around with this lesson on multiplication. Focusing on a series of three circus-themed word problems, students practice creating area models as a tool for finding products of two- and three-digit numbers.
Consider allowing children to work on the problems in pairs, afterward taking volunteers to share the area models they created. This will give students a chance to share their mathematical understanding with their peers and will create an opportunity for meaningful class discussion.
- Offers extension and intervention ideas for differentiating the lesson
- Lesson allows children the freedom to develop their own unique multiplication models
- Solutions in the answer key do not match the practice problems included in the lesson
- Assumes children have been previously introduced to the area model of multiplication