This Autobiographical Expression lesson plan also includes:
Guide scholars through the process of discovering their personal learning style. After reading two poems, learners take a multiple intelligence quiz to identify which of the eight intelligences is their preference. Pupils then design a quilt card to represent the multiple intelligences and how they rank to one's self. Conclude the lesson by attaching each card together to create a multiple intelligences classroom quilt. The eight intelligences include linguistic, interpersonal, logical, intrapersonal, spatial, naturalist, kinesthetic, and musical.
- Laminate quilt cards and attach with yarn for a more finished look
- Conduct the lesson at the beginning of the school year to observe how the class learns; revisit the lesson later in the year to check for changes in learning styles
- Display the quilt at Back-to-School Night or Open House
- A variety of materials are required to complete the lesson
- The plan is brief and easy to follow
- The lesson sparks self reflection and discussion