This Automobile Mileage: Year vs. Mileage—Least Squares Regression lesson plan also includes:
Put your class in the driver's seat when it comes to understanding connections of car characteristics. Young mathematicians investigate the relationship between automobile production year and mileage. Creating a scatter plot and a regression line helps with this task.
- Have pupils collect their own class data for the topic
- Learners should be familiar with linear regression
- Builds on knowledge from previous lessons (this is the fifth of nine lessons in the Least Squares Regression unit)
- Includes a list of questions to guide discussion
- Provides a link to an applet if graphing calculators are not available