This Automobile Mileage: Years Since 1990 vs. Mileage—Least Squares Regression lesson plan also includes:
The third time's the charm. Young data analysts study the relationship between automobile production year—in years since 1990—and total mileage. They compare the results to those of the previous two lessons and see how changing the independent variables changes the linear association.
- Have learners work with the same partners as in the previous lesson
- Builds on knowledge from prior activities in the unit
- Scholars must be familiar with linear regression and slope
- Includes a link to applet if graphing calculator is not available
- Provides an activity sheet for the lesson
- Pupils may find lesson repetitive