What conglomerate of shapes defines you? A fun computer science activity has learners create avatars from basic shapes. They use different shapes, change their locations, and change their colors to make their avatars. They use the Blockly programming language to accomplish this task.
- Team up with an art teacher for the activity
- One part in a playlist on coding
- An understanding of coordinate systems is necessary
- Familiarity with block-based coding is beneficial
- Provides an example project to reference
- Lists hints at various steps to guide pupils
- Connection to concepts is thin