This Bathtub Water Levels—Least Squares Regression lesson plan also includes:
Wash away any misunderstandings about linear regression. Young mathematicians collect data on bathtub water levels and plot their data. The result should be a negative linear regression line.
6 Views 6 Downloads
- Have learners collect data at home in their bathtubs or use a sink to collect data in class
- Pupils should know how to graph data on a coordinate plane
- Builds on information from the previous lesson (this is the second of nine lessons in the Least Squares Regression unit)
- Includes recording sheets for the activity
- Provides a data set if bathtub data collection is not possible