This Bean Counting and Ratios lesson plan also includes:
Investigate equivalence of ratios with an experimental approach. Learners test the idea of equivalent ratios by collecting samples of beans with a specified ratio of marked and unmarked. They then compare their experimental results with the actual ratio.
- Have pupils put their results in a table on the board and compare results; calculate the average of the ratios and compare it to the actual
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up
- Expects an understanding of fraction conversions and rounding
- Provides options for differentiation
- Includes a sample answer key as an example