This Beyond Handshakes—Beyond Handshakes lesson plan also includes:
Scholars apply spreadsheet programs to explore triangular numbers and observe the relationship to the handshake problem in the previous activity. They apply numerical, algebraic, and graphical techniques to investigate the patterns.
3 Views 9 Downloads
- Have learners conduct a web quest on different types of special numbers
- Some familiarity with spreadsheets is beneficial
- Builds on knowledge from previous lesson (this is the second of two lessons in a series exploring the Supreme Court)
- Provides spreadsheet files and activity sheets for the lesson
- Includes reflection questions for instructors to consider