Would you trust a pigeon to fly over a battlefield and return with a vital message? Scholars investigate the use of any and all communication methods during World War I. They use a video clip to research the various ways communication took place from field soldiers back to headquarters and begin to understand the difficult task of messaging and responding during World War I.
- Research today's communication technology with soldiers and compare it to World War I
- Play the game Telephone and secretly send a message from one side of the room to the other to see how the message changes from person to person
- Requires proper technology to view the video clip
- Third installment of a 32-part series on the Great War
- Audio and visual learners benefit from the YouTube video clip
- Lesson creates extension opportunities to research various forms of WWI communication methods