This Bias in the Media lesson plan also includes:
Have you ever considered the story of The Three Little Pigs from the wolf's perspective? Pupils use this as a key technique in evaluating news bias as part of the activities and worksheets found in this rich resource.
304 Views 252 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- As an extension assignment, ask pupils to take another fairy tale and to illustrate the story from an uncommon perspective
- Consider a supplemental lesson in which you review common advertising techniques (i.e. bandwagon, repetition, etc.) more in detail before discussing the activities in this resource
- Exceptional scaffolding of instruction—activities are clear, well organized, and thoroughly evaluate each major concept
- All activity worksheets included
- Editable version of the document is also provided