This Bless Me, Ultima: Symbols lesson plan also includes:
As part of a 10-lesson unit study of Bless Me, Ultima, readers analyze three major symbols in Rudolfo Anaya's novel: Ultima's owl, the river, and the golden carp. The focus here is on how Antonio's response to these symbols develop his character.
7 Views 2 Downloads
- Copy the pages describing the Christmas pageant, reformat as a readers theatre script, cast the scene, with the exposition divided between two narrators, and have the ensemble perform the scene for the class
- Consider prefacing the activities in this session with a mini-lesson on how to identify and interpret symbols
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The attached zip file contains all required unit materials
- The lesson assumes that readers are familiar with symbolism and know how to identify and explore the levels of meaning represented by them