This Bless Me, Ultima: The Plot Unfolds lesson plan also includes:
The focus in session eight of a 10-lesson unit study of Rudolfo Anaya's Bless Me, Ultima is on plot, specifically on how Narciso's death, the brothers leaving with Andrew, and Antonio's first Communion build tension, both for Antonio and for the reader.
- Consider using the writing exercise as a group activity by assigning each group one of the recurring events, directing members to compare and contrast each episode, and then asking the groups to share their observations with the whole class
- The eighth in a 10-lesson unity study of Bless Me, Ultima
- All related materials are contained in the attached zip file
- Although the lessons are designed to be used in order, most can benefit from additional activities
- Due to the episodic arrangement, some readers may not perceive the tight structure of the novel; however, shifting the writing assignment to a group activity will call attention to how Anaya uses recurring scenes to weave the episodes together