This Blue Squares and Beyond—Linking Length, Perimeter, Area, and Volume lesson plan also includes:
The definition of similar to a mathematician is a little different than the average person. The first in a sequence of four lessons asks learners to investigates the criteria for similar figures. They compare side lengths between similar figures and the ratios of their areas.
- Ask pupils to create a rectangle of any size; have their partners create a rectangle that is similar
- Requires a solid understanding of ratios and proportions
- Requires laptops with Internet access to complete the activity
- Includes guiding questions to help facilitate the lesson
- Provides an assessment option following the activity