This Brainstorm Possible Story Ideas for a Response to a Narrative Prompt video also includes:
Batten down the hatches, there's a storm brewing. Young writers learn how to brainstorm ideas for a personal narrative in the second lesson of this writing series. Watch the video and follow along with the instructor as she explains her thought process for generating writing topics. If using the same writing prompt with your class, encourage them to come up with different ideas than those provided as examples.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Clearly models the brainstorming process using examples that young learners can relate to
- Describes a common mistake for children to avoid when responding to a writing prompt
- Content is adaptable to Common Core writing standards across the upper-elementary grade levels
- The teacher may need to create a graphic organizer to support all students with the brainstorming process