Interactive e-articles, graphic imagery, and high-quality video take you on a journey from the minuscule to the immeasurable! From the subatomic level, to the immense expanse of the universe, this will keep you occupied and learning about forces and matter for hours!
- A tutorial demonstrates how to use the application
- Once you choose a topic from the horizontal swipe bar at the top of the interface, another appears at the bottom with subtopics and a library of articles for each module
- Video clips from the BBC Wonders of the Solar System and Wonders of the Universe television series are also included
- Earth (coming soon)
- Solar System
- Milky Way
Provides plenty of fascinating information, photos, and videos
You may be able to find comparable material online at no cost
Capabilities built in for emailing or posting on social platforms
How techie do I need to be?
For any of the included topics, the interactive articles serve as engaging introduction or reinforcement of topics covered in astronomy classes. Assign the reading and viewing as homework prior to presenting your lecture.
The icon on the tablet desktop is titled Wonders as an abbreviation of Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe.
Note that Mr. Cox's face or voice appears in every photo and video, either providing continuity for the app user, or allowing them to tire of his presentation.
- Comprehensive informational content
- High-quality videos
- No follow-up or reinforcement activities provided